Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Step by Step

Tara insisted on taking a play by play of the fondant cake! Enjoy the photos!










All I can say is that took WAY TOO LONG!!! It took most of the entire day to put this together (not counting actually making the fondant! Ace of Cakes conveniently skips over the dreadful part of covering the cake with the fondant (seriously! What a pain!). Right now, I prefer just a buttercream iced cake! I guess I just need to practice a bit more.

p.s. It's yellow cake (with coconut) and a coconut filling.

7 comments:

MK said...

THat is the prettiest cake I ever seen...I want to learn how to make cakes just so I can do that. Although, then I wouldn't want to eat it and I am sure it is awfully tastey!

Becka said...

I love it!!! That turned out so pretty!!!

Suzy said...

You did a wonderful job! It looks perfect. I love the bow and little ringlets, too! Were your hands killing you after all that kneading? Such a pain. You'll swear to never do it again, but you will...

brooke said...

Nice job!! Super cute!

Whatcha didnt know?? said...

Wow! The cake turned out great. I love it!

angie j. said...

i'm way impressed!!

Jannah said...

Holy Toledo! That is AMAZING. Now I want to learn fondant. :) Krista... you are amazing. Wilton should market their cake classes as weight loss alternatives with the ab work out you guys got! :)