This year we spent Easter at Matt's parents house, but we were lucky enough to have my mom in town too. I wanted to make and Easter cake for the get-together, but I found myself lacking the time needed to make it how I wanted to. I made it the day before, it was nanny's pound cake with a strawberry filling (I was practicing for Stella's future b-day cake...). We (my mom and I) first wanted to make it look like an Easter egg, but with the time restraints we went with making it look like and Easter basket. I got it all finished (Easter basket version) and it looked HORRIBLE!!! It was nothing how I wanted it to look and I was sort of depressed about it the rest of the evening. So, what do I do... I skip part of church the next day, scrape everything off, re-frost and go with the original plan to make it look like an Easter egg...
Much better! Not perfect, but better, and it tasted awesome!
My nephew, Will, is SO funny. He loved the Easter egg hunt! Tom kept hiding the eggs over and over and over again for him to find (this is a game that was stilled played for weeks after Easter too!).
Much better! Not perfect, but better, and it tasted awesome!My nephew, Will, is SO funny. He loved the Easter egg hunt! Tom kept hiding the eggs over and over and over again for him to find (this is a game that was stilled played for weeks after Easter too!).


1 comment:
Pretty cake!!!
Post a Comment