Sunday, November 9, 2008

Even more...

I've just started the last Wilton cake decorating course. This time we'll be focusing more on fondant and making gum paste flowers and other fancy things. Here is my first attempt at a rose made out of fondant... (I think it turned out pretty good, and I must say that I even caused jealous feelings to arise in our class ocd/perfectionist, Sarah :)


p.s. This fondant rose is WAY easier than piping them from buttercream or royal icing!!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Side note--your nails look beautiful! Go get a manicure.

A Little Bit of Aloha said...

Your talents are endless!! We had such a great time with Matt in town, next time you definitely have to come! Tom thought it was the greatest thing to see him in action. Soon, Matt will be home and you two can have some fun! We miss you two so much!

Amy said...

Awesome rose. You go girl!!