Friday, June 15, 2012

Potty update.

So, I bought the potty seats and the boys have overcome their fear of sitting on the toilet (thank goodness!).

I decided to start out easy...  The boys go potty at bedtime.  Right before pj's go on, or right before the bath if it's a bath night.  They get undressed and take turns going peepee (no poop yet, we'll get the pee down first).  They'll go a little and need cheers and applause before going some more.  This will repeat a few times and then it'll be the others' turn.  I love that they both clap and cheer each other on.

After a couple weeks of this routine I thought maybe we should make an outing of it and go buy some underwear.  I helped the boys pick of some underwear at Target and talked it way up for them...

They were excited to get something new, but I'm afraid that they were a little confused about their use.  They were excited about new Lightning McQueen and Toy Story "stuff".

Later, (after naps) (and after I washed the undies) I wanted the boys to try them on...





 They both didn't really like the new under garments and wanted them off.  Being the "mean" mom that I am, I made them wear them for a little while. 

Jonas kept pulling them down around his ankles and enjoyed strutting around the house that way.  (He'll probably kill me for taking this photo someday, it'll be a good one to show his future girlfriends).
After a little bit the boys were content to wear them (barely) and had some fun jumping on the couch (mostly) naked.
(for some reason this photo reminds me of Tom Cruise in Risky Business...  haha!)

During this time, Elliott wet 2 pairs of undies and Jonas 1.  They totally don't quite "get" the underwear and knowing when they have to go potty, so we'll put the undies aside and stick with our bedtime potty routine for now.  I think we'll re-visit the underwear in the Fall.

They know what to do on the potty, just not the don't-go-potty-in-your-pants idea...  We'll work on that.  Here's a couple of closing photos for you... 


Photobucket

No comments: