Saturday, May 15, 2010

Baby Shower Cake

Today was my friend Kim's baby shower. She is expecting twins also. She's got boy/girl twins in there! It's crazy how many twins there are lately!! Anyway, for the shower I made the dessert. I decided to make a 2 tiered cake. I've only done 2 other tiered cakes before (here, and here). (Have I mentioned that I LOVE making cakes??? It's a TON of work (and no wonder they cost so much from the cake shops...) but I have so much fun making my master pieces :).

This one is a vanilla butter cake (I still can't find a cake recipe that I just love. I can't seem to get the flavor AND texture exactly right at the same time...) with a boston cream filling, chocolate frosting and chocolate fondant. All in all, I'm really happy with how it came out.

Here's the finished product all set up at the shower. I love the onsies on the top! So cute. I can't wait to meet Kim's little ones :)

Oh yeah... check out the diaper cake that Angie made for the shower.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Channa said...

Krista - I just love your cakes! It's so fun to see what creative and neat things you can come up with. You are very talented.

Suzy said...

so cute! as is your kitchen!

Krista said...

oh... that's not my kitchen... mine is not nearly that cute :)