Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gingerbread

My mom was in town this week visiting. It was fun to have her around for a whole week. I had a bunch of leftovers from our big young women's activity, so mom and I spent a couple of hours one afternoon decorating gingerbread houses. I have never made a gingerbread house out of real gingerbread before (I always just used graham crackers...). Anyway,
I think they turned out darn cute!

Mom's House: (she only let me photograph the front)

My House:


p.s. the recipe we used for the gingerbread was great! I didn't have leavening or eggs in it so the pieces didn't 'poof' up while baking, so the pieces fit together really good

2 comments:

Channa said...

Very cute. I love decorating gingerbread houses. I'm not sure if I commented on your piano, but it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Definitely a trade up. I can only hope for a piano as fabulous - someday... :) I hope you and Matt have a wonderful Christmas.

P.S. Thanks again for the pictures. I used some for our Christmas card this year and it turned out really cute.

Becka said...

I wanted to make gingerbread houses this year but Eric didn't...maybe next year! Yours turned out very cute!